New Beginnings Program
The New Beginnings program is UA Cossatot’s promise that any Nashville, AR Husqvarna plant employee and their dependent(s) who will be impacted by the plant closure announced July 17, 2023, can complete college credit programs at UA Cossatot with zero out of pocket expense after financial aid and any other funding is applied to cost of attendance.
Each employee and/or dependent who plans to participate must complete this form and meet the following criteria in order to qualify and maintain eligibility:
• Meet all other UA Cossatot admissions requirements. Click HERE to complete the Admissions Application.
• Seek completion of a college credit technical certificate or associate degree program.
• Complete the financial aid process starting with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
• Provide proof of employment at the Nashville, AR Husqvarna plant as of July 17, 2023.
• Begin college credit courses before plant closure anticipated for December 31, 2024, so anytime between now through the Fall 2024 (August-December 2024) semester.
• Enroll in at least one course required for their academic program consistently every fall and spring semester until program completion.
Please understand that the New Beginnings program is for college credit programs only. However, if you are seeking a GED our Adult Education program is already free of charge and if you are seeking a short term, employment focused program, grants are available through our Continuing Education program.
We understand this is a tough blow to your family and we want to support you as best we can during this transition. Please click HERE to apply for the program. Please direct any questions to StudentServices@cccua.edu.