Center for Student Success
ABOUT THE CSS
The objective of the Center for Student Success is to provide support, resources, motivation, and assistance to all students of the college, including women, veterans, Asians, African-Americans and Hispanics as they progress through their educational experience at UA Cossatot.
The Center for Student Success promotes diversity, unity, and overall student well-being. Collaborating with other UA Cossatot organizations, the CSS promotes unity across all campuses, provides academic and personal support for all students.
Our mission is to provide a multicultural society through various events and activities and is committed to creating a culture where everyone is respected, appreciated, and valued.
- Personal development
- International student support
- Food pantry
- College readiness
- Networking resources
- Experiential learning opportunities
- Action plan creation to resolve issues (personal, medical, academic, familial, etc.)
- Student Internships
- Educational workshops for students
- Health fairs for students and community members
- Celebrations of unity and diversity creating awareness within UA Cossatot and service area communities
- Collaboration with the region’s industries to promote diversity, place emphasis on the importance of higher education as well as provide overall community awareness
- Networking opportunities with outside professional ethnic organizations: Providing resources to the community and to close the diverse cultural and societal gap that exists
The Center for Student Success houses two main student programs.
- Student Ambassador Program
- A UA Cossatot Student Ambassador is a student who is chosen to be the face of UA Cossatot on campus and in the community. They are an active voice for the UA Cossatot student body. Through a joint effort with Student Services and other Student Ambassadors, they reach out to prospective students, sharing personal UA Cossatot experiences and successes. UA Cossatot Student Ambassadors are hard-working, honest, curious, adventurous, and have strong communication skills and high academic standards. https://www.cccua.edu/student-life/student-organizations.html
- JAG- Jobs for America's Graduates
- JAG is a state-based national non-profit organization dedicated to supporting young people of great promise. JAG is delivering the best results in its 40-year history, while serving youth who face significant challenges, to help them reach economic and academic success. https://jag.org/
Director of Student Success and Enrichment
870-584-1133 or firstname.lastname@example.org