UA Cossatot Graduation Ceremony Information
The December 2023 UA Cossatot Commencement Ceremony is scheduled for Friday, December 8, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. Graduates should arrive by 4:30 p.m. for practice and to get necessary items. The ceremony location is scheduled for the historic Bank of Lockesburg.
The May 2024 Commencement Ceremony is scheduled for Friday, May 17, 2024 at 5:30 p.m. Graduates should arrive by 4:30 p.m. for practice and get necessary items. The ceremony location is scheduled for UA Cossatot Amphitheater in De Queen. If weather prohibits an outdoor ceremony, the ceremony will be moved to the historic Bank of Lockesburg Gym. Any changes will be announced the week of the ceremony.
- Please complete the Application to Graduate by September 29 for December graduates and March 1 for May graduates. Graduation Checkoff Sheet to make sure you have everything ready for your graduation date!
- Information about what to wear to graduation: Graduation Regalia Information
- Complete the UA Cossatot Graduation Survey
- If needed, complete a Transcript Request Form to have the college classes that you completed at UA Cossatot transferred to a different institution.
What to expect at commencement:
- A photographer will take a picture of graduates as they receive their diploma. These pictures will be available on Facebook within a week of the ceremony.
- Honor graduate, PTK. SDA, and Veteran regalia will be available for purchase prior to the ceremony.
Students not participating in the graduation ceremony will receive their diploma/certificate after the ceremony. A student may contact the Registrar to pick up awards at a specific UAC campus. If requesting awards to be mailed, students should contact the Registrar for proper postage amounts.
Students who complete the requirements of a program of study as prescribed by UA Cossatot and approved by the Arkansas State Department of Higher Education will receive a certificate or a degree. Specific degree information may be found later in the catalog.
Graduating students must satisfactorily complete all course with minimum amounts as outlined below completed through UA Cossatot:
Associate Degree: 15 hours
Technical Certificate: 50% of the degree
Certificate of Proficiency: 100% of the degree
Exceptions may be made with approval from the Vice Chancellor for Academic Services.
Exception: Members of the armed services who are enrolled under the Service-members Opportunity College (SOC) must complete at least 25% of their certificate or degree program requirements through UA Cossatot. Each required course must be passed with at least a “D.”
EMT, Practical Nursing, Registered Nursing, OTA, PTA and Medical Assisting programs require at least a “C” and the student’s cumulative GPA must be at least 2.0.
AS Education requires cumulative GPA of 3.0 in order to graduate.
Developmental and/or preparatory courses (all GSTD courses) will not be used to fulfill degree requirements or elective course requirements for any diploma or degree. Prospective graduates must complete an “Application to Graduate” by the date listed in the Academic Calendar. It is the student’s responsibility to clear outstanding debts to the College prior to graduation.
HONOR STUDENT DESIGNATIONS
UA Cossatot recognizes students who excel in college- level courses in the following manner.
- Vice Chancellor’s List: Full-time students (12 or more hours completed within the semester) who have achieved a 3.5 to 3.99 grade point average for that semester and notification will be sent to area news media.
- Chancellor’s List: Full-time students (12 or more hours completed within the semester) who have achieved a 4.0 grade point average for that semester and notification will be sent to area news media.
The following designations are reserved for graduates of Degree and Technical Certificate programs.
- Cum Laude: Students who have a cumulative grade point average of 3.50 to 3.74
- Magna Cum Laude: Students who have a cumulative grade point average of 3.75 to 3.8
- Summa Cum Laude: Students who have a cumulative grade point average of 3.90 to 4.00
Developmental courses (GSTD prefix) will not be calculated for the purpose of Honors designation